Tyson Ballew is a D.I.Y. singer-songwriter currently living in Bellingham, WA who spent 10 years frolicking in the seedy Missoula, MT underground scene. Tyson plays pop-punk-inspired folk music similar to The Mountain Goats, Clem Snide, Emperor X, and Ghost Mice. He has performed over 300 solo sets and believes everyone has a story to tell.
- Tyson's most recent E.P., Moa in Repose, was recorded on February 25th, 2013 at The Unknown in Anacortes, WA.
- It was engineered, mixed and mastered by Nicholas Wilbur.
- This E.P. is Tyson's latest in a trilogy of tapes about extinct flightless birds.
- In his own words, Moa in Repose is "about giving up and going to sleep".
- The first edition of this tape is limited to 50 copies and comes on canary yellow cassettes.
- The cover art is a painting by Jill Pucciarelli.
- All copies of this tape come with a digital download code.
Tyson Ballew also runs a CD, cassette tape and 7" label called Tummy Rock Records.
This cassette has four songs:
- Our Last Days
- Fruit Trees for Cassowaries
- The Skeptic
- A Song for Canaries